It is the philosophy of the district that:
All students can learn and succeed.
Every student in the district, regardless of gender, special needs, or social, ethnic, language or economic background has a right to a high-quality education that challenges the student to achieve to his/her fullest potential.
- The future of our nation and community depends on students possessing the skills to be lifelong learners and effective, contributing members of society.
- A safe, nurturing environment is necessary for learning.
- Parents/guardians have a right and an obligation to participate in their child's schooling.
- The ability of children to learn is affected by social, health and economic conditions and other factors outside the classroom.
- Early identification of student learning and behavioral difficulties contribute to student success.
- Students and staff respond positively to high expectations and recognition for their accomplishments.
- Continuous school improvement is necessary to meet the needs of students in a changing economy and society.
- The diversity of the student population and staff enriches the learning experience for all students.
- A highly skilled and dedicated staff has a direct and powerful influence on students' lives and learning.
- A high level of communication, trust, respect and teamwork among Board members and the Superintendent contributes to effective decision making.
- The community provides an essential resource to the educational program.
- Effective communication with all stakeholders helps build support for the schools.
- Accountability for the district's programs and operations is shared by the entire educational community, with the ultimate accountability resting with the Board as the basic embodiment of representative government.