Santa Rita Union School District
Interdistrict/Intradistrict Transfer Procedures and Timelines
Santa Rita Union School District will be accepting transfers beginning January 10, 2022 for the 2022-2023 school year.
Interdistrict and Intradistrict Transfer Agreements are valid for 1 school year, only. Parents and Guardians of students must reapply each school year.
If you do not live in the Santa Rita Union School District, you will need to start the process at your district of residence and fill out an Interdistrict Transfer form. Once your district of residence releases you from the district, submit your approved Interdistrict Transfer form to the Santa Rita Union School District, your Interdistrict Transfer form will not be accepted or valid until you have a signed release form from your district of residence.
If you do not live in the Santa Rita Union School District but would like your child to attend one of our schools, or you live in the Santa Rita School District but would like your child to attend a different school within the district, please follow these procedures and timelines.
If you are considering an Interdistrict/Intradistrict Transfer request, these are the reasons the superintendent or designee may approve the request.
- Renewal of a prior Interdistrict/Intradistrict Request.
- Parent is employed by the requested district.
- To complete a school year when parents/guardians have moved out of the district during that school year.
- To allow student to remain with a class graduating that year from an elementary or middle school.
- To allow sibling to attend school in the same district.
- To allow student to attend a school with a program not offered by Santa Rita Union School District.
- Child care
Failure to abide by these SRUSD Transfer Agreement conditions will result in the revocation of the transfer.
- The student may not engage in any violations of the law, school rules, school directives, or violations of Education Code 48900.
- The student must maintain a satisfactory record of attendance. Any student with 3 or more unexcused absences is considered truant as defined by Education Code Section 48260 (a), and this condition will prompt a mid-year revocation of this agreement. The student may not have an excess of 5 unexcused tardies.
- All students must be picked up promptly after school. Transportation must be provided by the parent or guardian.
- Any parent, guardian, or adult representative of the student must maintain a peaceful demeanor when interacting with the school personnel. Any adult who interferes with the peaceful conduct of the activities of the campus or facility is in violation of California Penal Code Section 626.7. Violation of the code will result in revocation of the Inter/Intradistrict Transfer Agreement.
The Superintendent or designee may deny applications for Inter/Intradistrict Transfers due to limited district resources, overcrowding of school facilities at the relevant grade level, or other considerations that are not arbitrary. If denied, the superintendent or designee shall advise the parent/guardian, in writing, of the right to appeal to the Monterey County Office Education Board of Education within 30 calendar days from the date of the final decision.
Inter/Intradistrict Transfer Agreement Timeline:
- For an Inter/Intradistrict Transfer request received by the district 15 or fewer calendar days before the commencement of instruction in the school year for which the transfer is sought, the district will notify the parent/guardian of its final decision within 30 calendar days from the date the request was received.
- For an Inter/Intradistrict transfer request received by the district more than 15 days before the commencement of instruction in the school year for which the interdistrict transfer is sought, the district will notify the parent/guardian of its final decision as soon as possible, but no later than 14 calendar days after the commencement of instruction in the school year for which transfer is sought.
What is the difference between an Inter and an Intradistrict transfer?
An Intradistrict transfer is a transfer within the Santa Rita Union School District. An Interdistrict transfer is a transfer from District to District.
I live outside of the Santa Rita Union School District attendance area. How do I enroll in your district?
If you live in another school district attendance area and would like to attend one of our schools, you will need to start the transfer process at your district of residence. Once you have been approved for release from your district of residence you will need to fill out our transfer form.
How often do I need to submit a transfer request?
Inter and Intra-District transfers must be done every year. Interdistrict transfer requests are only good for the school year it is approved for.
(831) 443-7200 ext.1203